Terms and Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS – SELAKS REWARDS PROGRAM
1. Information on how to participate in the Selaks Rewards Program (“Program”) forms part of these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”).
2. By participating in the Program, you, the Customer, fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Terms and acknowledge that the decisions of Constellation on all matters relating to the Program are final and binding.
3. The Program is run by Constellation Brands New Zealand Limited (New Zealand Company No: 250695) of 6/46 Maki Street, Westgate, Auckland 0814 (“Constellation”).
4. The Program commences [1 September 2020]. The Program will run until notice of termination of the Program is provided in accordance with these Terms.
5. Participation in the Program is only open to Customers who meet the following eligibility requirements:
- who are residents of New Zealand and over the age of 18 years;
- who are not employees of Constellation or Constellation’s associated agencies or companies directly involved in the Program (as determined by Constellation) and their immediate family members, who are ineligible to participate; and
- who register their details in accordance with clause 8.
6. To enter, you must purchase a Selaks Rewards Program marked bottle of Selaks wine (“Eligible Purchase”). This wine must be identified as being part of the Program including with the words “Visit www.selaksrewards.co.nz for information on our Rewards Program” on the back label. Please also note the following:
- Selaks The Taste Collection range (still wines) is the initial range of wines included in the Program.
- Selaks the Taste Collection Sparkling Wine is NOT included in the Program.
- We reserve the right to add or remove any wines from the Program. Those that are part of the ongoing Program will be marked as per this clause 6.
HOW TO ENTER & REDEEM SELAKS REWARD PROGRAM POINTS
7. On the inside of the Eligible Purchase cap is a unique code.
8. You must register your details at the SelaksRewards website www.selaksrewards.co.nz to create an account (“Account”) and then be able to enter the unique code from any Eligible Purchase against your Account.
9. Selaks Reward Points (“Points”) are earned by entering the unique code from the Eligible Purchase to your Account.
10. The points value earned from Eligible Purchases may change from time to time without prior notice, but not once they are entered by you against your account.
11. Points accrue in an Account holder’s name only and are not transferable to any other person and are not redeemable or convertible for cash. Details of the Account holder’s Points, if any, will be available after they have been registered at www.selaksrewards.co.nz.
12. If for whatever reason an Eligible Product does not have a unique code, Constellation will provide this once proof of purchase and missing liner has been provided.
Redeeming Selaks Rewards Points
13. Points can only be redeemed through www.selaksrewards.co.nz.
14. The number of Points indicated for the particular reward selected will be deducted from your points balance when you redeem your Points for approved products.
15. If you redeem any Points, you will be sent an email to your Account’s registered email address confirming the redemption.
16. Some rewards (for example, food) may be collectable with a voucher (which may be electronic) which will either be sent to you or emailed to your Account’s registered email address. Collection of such rewards will be your responsibility.
17. The points value of any particular reward offered may change from time to time without notice.
18. The reward products available on the SelaksRewards website will change from time to time without notice and at Constellation’s discretion.
19. Once redeemed by you, Constellation will use reasonable endeavours to provide the products listed on the SelaksRewards website. If any of the products are unavailable for reasons beyond Constellation’s control, Constellation reserves the right to substitute that product for a product of an equivalent value.
20. Products that require shipping will only be delivered to a street address in New Zealand (not PO Boxes). Products will be sent by standard shipping only and Constellation will not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage that occurs in transit.
21. Products for which points are redeemed are not warranted by Constellation and we make no representation of any kind regarding their fitness for purpose, merchantability or otherwise.
22. Once Points are redeemed, your reward item cannot be exchanged.
Expiry of Points
23. Points which are not redeemed within 12 months of when they were earned will expire. The points cannot be carried forward and they will automatically lapse and will be forfeited.
24. The expiry date of Points will be visible on the Selaks rewards page dashboard of your Account.
Right to Audit and take Action
25. Constellation reserves the right to ask for proof of purchase should Constellation suspect a Customer has entered incorrect, fraudulent or any other suspicious unique codes against your Account which and to verify the legitimacy of your Points balance. Constellation may, at its sole discretion, either deduct Points or terminate the Account of any person deemed to be entering unique codes that are not legitimate.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
26. Constellation excludes, to the full extent permitted by law, any liability for any loss, damage, cost or inconvenience, whether direct or indirect, incurred by any person in connection with the Program.
27. Nothing in these Terms limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Consumer Guarantees Act (Non- Excludable Guarantees).
EVENTS OUTSIDE OF OUR CONTROL28. Constellation will not be liable for any breach of these Terms, including but not limited to any delay or failure to deliver reward products, caused by any event outside of its reasonable control.
PERSONAL INFORMATION AND PRIVACY
29. By participating in the Program, the Customer gives Constellation consent to collect, use, disclose, retain and otherwise handle personal information and to send updates on the Program, any Rewards, your Account and future promotions and offers by email and/or text messages.
30. Customers may access, and request correction of your personal information held by Constellation by contacting 09 412 6666 and asking for the Selaks Rewards Program Administrator. Customers can opt out of future updates and promotions by texting or emailing the word “NO” to [insert], in reply to promotional texts or emails.
AMENDMENT OF TERMS
32. Constellation reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to amend these Terms. The current Terms in force from time to time will be available at www.selaksrewards.co.nz.
CANCELLATION, SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION
33. Constellation reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to suspend, change or terminate the Program.
34. Any cancellation, suspension or material modification to the Program (which will not include day to day changes (for example but without limitation, product changes or look and feel amendments) that may happen at any time and without notice) will be notified with at least 7 days notice of the change, as follows:
- on Constellation’s website: www.selaksrewards.co.nz;
- by email to Account holders who have given the appropriate permission.
35. Constellation’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision by Constellation.
36. Any costs associated with registering or associated with the use of the redeemed product are the responsibility of the Customer.
37. The Program, these Terms and all matters arising in relation to the same will be governed by the laws of New Zealand.
38. In the event of a law change to the current laws of New Zealand surrounding the promotion and sale of alcohol or any other law affecting the Program, Constellation reserves the right to cancel any un-used Points balances and may cancel all membership to the Program, without notice and in such manner as may be necessary to be in full compliance with the New Zealand laws. In the event that Constellation cancels membership and accrued Points under the Program under this or any other clause in these terms and conditions, the Customer shall not be entitled to any compensation, reimbursement or damages as a result of such cancellation.